Countdown to MDF X: (29) Archgoat
Posted by Mary Spiro
The trio that is Archgoat plays fairly straightforward, traditional black metal, but with more death metal vocals and certainly better recording techniques. Expect serious blastbeats from their drummer Sinisterror and distorted, rapid riffs from their guitarist Ritual Butcherer. Bassist Lord Angelslayer provides the death growl.
Extremely “trve kvlt” and definitely underground, Archgoat disbanded briefly from 1993 until 2004, or as they put it on their website, “decided to vanish from (the) now so commercial Black metal scene.” They certainly don’t participate in Facebook although it looks like they or someone close to the band maintains a MySpace.
Prior to their break up, the group had only released a few demos and EPs. Since their reunion, however, Archgoat has produced two full-length albums and an EP and appeared on a split with the like-minded group, Black Witchery.
UPDATE: I reached Ritual Butcherer via email and he said they will be playing music from all their recordings and will “bring merchandise that is pretty hard to find in the US” to MDF. He added that no other shows are planned in the US before or after Deathfest.
Here’s a song from their 2011 EP and a live performance from last summer.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)