Countdown to MDF X: (21) Brujeria
Posted by Mary Spiro
Brujeria writes songs about sex, drugs, satanism, the occult and of course La Migra (you know, immigration police). This is crushing death metal with heavy riffs and crashing drums, sometimes dipping into the doom or grind genres. There is also a good bit of humor (as in their “Macarena” spoof “Marijuana”).
I listened to a lot of Brujeria trying to choose a couple of representative songs. Every new album is different from the last. I think the music changes somewhat with whomever happens to be playing in the band at the time. So think of Brujeria as a collective, or coven if you will, of like-minded artists dedicated to presenting a united front of sound with a consistent philosophy.
I finally decided to post three of the songs I liked best and leave it at that. Brush up on your Spanish and throw up your horns. Brujeria ha venido por ti!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)