INTERVIEW: New Zealand’s Ulcerate
Posted by Mary Spiro
Ulcerate’s current line up includes Paul Kelland (Bass, Vocals), Michael Hoggard (Guitar), William Cleverdon (Guitar), and Jamie Saint Merat (Drums). They were gracious to reply to some of my interview questions via email.
What can we expect to hear on the set list?
We’ll be doing an even split of material from our last two albums The Destroyers of All and Everything is Fire. There might be a track from Of Fracture and Failure if we’re in the mood.
What other shows will you be doing while you are in North America?
We’re doing seven U.S. and Canadian side-shows leading up to MDF – Philadelphia, NYC, Boston, Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto and Rochester. All the shows are with our French buds Svart Crown. Brooklyn’s Tombs are along for the first three dates. (These dates are listed on the Ulcerate official web site.)
Will you have any special or unusual items for sale at MDF?
We will have our last two albums as well as a few different shirt designs available.
Any special greetings for your fans? Anything else we would know?
We will see you in a few weeks – we’re all really looking forward to finally setting foot in North America!
Ulcerate plays the 2012 Maryland Deathfest on Sunday afternoon, May 27. However, they will also play at Kung Fu Necktie on Friday, May 18 as part of the above mentioned mini tour. So if you love them, it’s definitely worth the short drive up I-95 to Philadelphia catch them pre-MDF.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)