Gorguts tears up Mojo 13 and our second podcast!
Posted by Mary Spiro
I don’t go to Delaware for shows that often. But when you are presented with the option of driving an hour and a half to Springfield, Virginia on a weekday night or driving on hour and twenty minutes to Wilmington, Delaware on a Saturday night to see Gorguts, you pick Delaware. At least that’s what I do.
Gorguts is a technical death metal band from Quebec. They have been around since 1989, which is probably longer than many of their fans have been alive. My exposure to Gorguts came backhandedly because I listened to the German tech death group Obscura first and then later found out that they took their name from Gorguts album by that name. I felt late to the party.
This week, my podcast partner Derek and I traveled to Delaware to see Gorguts, Sapremia, Pale Existence, Lesch-Nyhan, Nightfire and Alustrium. This week’s podcast talks about that show and the new Gorguts album Colored Sands. Everyone seems to love this album. Find out what we think and then decide for yourself. You can stream the album here on YouTube for reference. Check out some of the photos I shot in the gallery and leave your comments about what you might like to hear on the podcast in the future.
Here is a list of events we mention in the podcast:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)